Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Ides of March

The ides of march hit me particularly hard this year. I am not a fan.


My car got stolen. I got it back and instantly became horrifically ill.


This is the cycle I go through every time I get sick:
1. I think I'm coming down with something
2. I think that I can fend it off with vitamin C, tea, and workouts that I should not be doing.
3. I think I'm dying. I think sadly of all of the nothing that I will never do. I text Meghan to remind her to throw me a wake once I am dead and that under no circumstances should my funeral be open-casket. I regret that I have never done any magic.
4. I think that I will probably never be well again and spend the rest of my life breathing wheezily, wearing an eye patch and being accompanied by a three legged dog. Though I no longer believe that I will die, I am now convinced that I will spend the rest of my life in a slightly ill state.


2 comments:

  1. "I got stabbed a lot of times and died." Hahaha! It's just too good.

    Sorry you've been sick... that really sucks. I can definitely relate. Every time I get sick, it's like ALL the bacteria and viruses attack me at once. Last year I got bronchitis, with strep throat, with a sinus infection. I was fully (FULLY) convinced it would be the end of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UHG! I have bronchitis. I was feeling so awful that I thought I was going to die anyway (I will admit that I almost always think I am dying - but this time I thought I was dying more than usual) the Dr. was like "Whatever stop whining you have bronchitis have some antibiotics."

      Delete