Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Corn Dog Principle

Welcome to "life the way I see it" by Seize the Absurd.
Today it is my pleasure to introduce:


The principle is this:
Everybody likes stuff which is crap. They are totally aware that it is crap- but they like it anyway. I feel this way about Corn dogs, and I decided that the term "Corn dog" could be easily applied to things which I feel slightly guilty about liking.
For example:
 Sometimes huge buff dudes like to order sweet girly drinks at the bar and absolutely hate whiskey.
Sometimes one knows all the words to various Ke$ha and Katy Perry songs, though they are educated individuals (ahem this one has nothing to do with me I swear).

Life is like a bunch of Corn dogs, they are crap but I ate five anyway.

Here is how to properly utilize this principle to your advantage:














For example: 
"I like twilight... Corn dog principle"
" I like the Faerie Queene...Corn dog princple."
"I like Northanger Abbey ...Corn dog principle"

What are your Corn dogs?
I have no idea why that sounds wrong but it does, and I like that it does. I am leaving it there.

11 comments:

  1. Haha I have too many corn dogs to name. . .one of them being corn dogs. -Marge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes well you make particularly good corn dogs to which I am a witness- the Chez Martin corn dogs being the best that I can remember. I ate 2 even though there weren't enough for everyone at the dance...so it would make sense that you like them.

      Delete
  2. Now I'm wondering if the Katy Perry reference in the comic was intentional...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anon,
      Since I don't know who you are I shall answer as if you are Katy Perry.
      "Thanks for reading my blog even though you are famous to mars around five times and back. Sorry that I just called your music crap but it is and you must know it, or if you did not know it you might want to begin a journey to disillusionment because I do not think that people will be making busts of you to place by their bust of Johann Sebastian Bach (they might have busts of your bust but that is unrelated)- yours truly Seize the Absurd (PS. your trashy pop is great to run to though don't quit making it or anything)

      Delete
    2. Oh liz!!! Best reply ever. Best blog ever. I love it. Keep making me laugh! :) -Alyssa

      Delete
    3. thanks Alyssa I was actually very proud of that - and sad to think that no one had read it.

      Delete
  3. I like most fake desserts and fast food. The scary part is I'm not even sure I'm ashamed of it anymore...but this could still come in handy! -Mon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find this incredibly enjoyable to read. Your witty writing is a relaxing break from the tedious German Language. -Reilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that I provide much needed relief from the German language, at least you know some other language though. I have taken Spanish, Greek and Latin and know almost zero percent of the aforementioned languages.

      Delete
  5. *cough* Ghost Rider *cough*

    ReplyDelete