Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes - Disneyland



I love Disneyland. A couple months ago we went to Disneyland and stayed at the Disneyland hotel – Mickey’s disembodied head was every place that you could think of: the sheets, the carpet, the mirror...
That is attention to detail folks.
Our room was Cinderella themed and so it had throw pillows which said, “A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you’re fast asleep.” (it is required that you sing that part)
Now if you just think about this for a second you will realize that it is in fact pretty creepy, especially when you remember that last night you had a dream in which all of your friends died, you wore a scuba diving suit perpetually, and your “home” was a bouncy castle.
            I love that about dreams, you see a massive aquarium tank and something says to you, “this is your house,” and you think, “why yes it is! My house has always been full of aquatic life forms!” Or when there are tasks that you must accomplish for no apparent reason, the dream says to you, “ you absolutely have to place a watermelon in the watermelon cannon and shoot it into the courtyard of a neighboring dorm.” And off you go, required by the rules of dreams to accomplish this important mission.
            Anyway yesterday I had a dream that I possessed a pet alligator and a capybara – this dream is not a wish my heart makes. I in  no way wish for this to become true… well a capybara might be ok, but certainly not an alligator.
(twinkly song plays yet again:) "If you keep on believing the dream that you wish will come true."  
ME: E-gad. No. I do not want this dream to come true. Stop. 
INTERRUPTING FREUD: A dream is certainly a wish your heart makes! I the famous psycho – analysist completely agree with this. Except I might say, “a dream is a wish your subconscious sex drive makes, when you’re fast asleep."
DISNEY: That’s not quite what we meant. It also has less of a ring to it.
ME: Shut up Freud.

Anyway, questions about taking pleasant Disney sentiments in a perverse manner aside, I love Disneyland.





I love Disneyland so much that when we went to Disneyland last year I forgot to drink coffee.





I forgot to drink coffee.

Actually I am a morning person, I like mornings, but coffee is an essential part of them. I was so busy bouncing around like a euphorically happy five year old that I forgot to drink it at all before we left for Disneyland and five hours later I had a splitting headache and was close to lying down on the pavement and mumbling quietly, “so much pain…I love Disneyland so much… headache…haunted mansion…never been…so happy and in so much pain…at the same time.”
All of this was resolved by purchasing a small cup of coffee at the low low price of my first born child and an unblemished lamb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment